Professional Teacher Training
Teaching Pilates is a wonderful profession.
We want you to love it as much as we do.
Click here for dates, content, and registration.
New: Reformer teacher training!
Joining an intensive teacher training program is the ultimate Pilates experience. We’ve been training teachers since 2008, the first program in Amsterdam, and have since trained over 100 teachers from diverse backgrounds, the majority of whom are now teaching professionally both in the Netherlands and in places as diverse as London, Vietnam, South Africa, and Washington DC. Studios across the world recognize the excellence behind the Smartbody certificate.
We take pride in working intensely with small groups of teachers, with continuous contact with master teachers and no hidden costs. If you are serious about becoming a high quality teacher, and appreciate a personalized approach, this is the program for you.
But don’t just take our word for it. Find out what our recent graduates have to say about how the program launched their careers.
Click here for video testimonials from graduates
Class sizes are limited and these courses fill up quickly.
Click here for dates, content, and registration.
- All graduates receive the Smartbody certificate which they can use to apply at studios across the world.
- The course combines in person, live online, and online components. The entire course can be completed online if preferred.
- 12 hours of live lectures with Smartbody’s founder and lead educators.
- Biweekly anatomy and kinesiology lessons following Smartbody’s unique approach.
- Prerecorded video library of Pilates exercises and lectures available to the student until her final exam
- Weekly interactive live and online meetings for discussion of viewed materials, questions and linking concepts together
- Free unlimited access to all of Smartbody’s live and online group classes
- Two weekly group lessons tailored specifically for the trainees taught by Smartbody’s course directors.
- Live one on one observation and feedback of practice and teaching
- 2 hours of self-practice weekly
- 1-2 hours of practice teaching weekly
- No hidden costs: all exams, classes, etc. included in price
Even more info:
- Watch clips from our online course videos: Click here
- Find our more about how to choose a program Check our our blog on this topic
- Here what some of our recents graduates have to say Click here
Completing the Smartbody (Mat Method) Teacher Training Programme was one of the best things I have ever done. Intense? Yes. Demanding? Yes. Rigorous? Yes. Rewarding? Yes, Yes, Yes! The Smartbody teaching team are all extremely experienced Pilates experts. Underpinned by a high quality of teaching – the programme comprehensively builds self- practice and teaching (observation and teaching practice) and is supplemented by lectures on Pilates exercises, techniques and anatomy. This means that the programme is comprehensive – you know that if you complete and pass the course you are set up to be a well-rounded and great teacher and that is what Smartbody wants you to be.
I also really appreciated the fact that Jelena and her team really care. They attentively and patiently coach, coax, mentor (or humor!) you through any personal challenges that you face. I have experienced direct impacts such as greater body awareness and physical fitness and also more subtle, less obvious benefits including greater self- confidence and energy.
A couple of years ago I did all the research to establish who to do my teacher training with and no one came close to the focus and discipline that Jelena and the team at SmartBody have. The rich combination of self practice, teaching and observation from both an exercise and anatomical perspective, sets you up to be an amazing teacher.
After I graduated, I was able to approach any client with confidence. What I liked most in my training was that I was taught how to take clients safely through a physically challenging journey while at the same time respecting their individual needs. I recommend Smartbody’s Pilates Teacher Training to anyone who wishes to delve deeply and seriously into the method. I certainly find it an excellent choice for it will prepare the candidate properly for the demanding profession of being a pilates teacher
When I moved to Amsterdam in the fall of 2015, I arrived knowing I was enrolled in the Smartbody Pilates Mat Teacher Certification for 2016. At this point, I hadn’t yet made up my mind as to whether or not I would continue further to pursue the Comprehensive Teacher Training program. However, once the Mat certification began, I was so impressed by how thorough the course was, both theoretically and practically, that I decided to do the Comprehensive program. This was one of the best decisions I made! While the program is intense, it is well laid out and therefore very manageable.
The best part of Smartbody’s training program is the personal attention the instructors provide, given they only accept a small number of dedicated students. Many other programs seem to lack this. Through a combination of practical lecture, anatomy lessons, equipment classes, self-practice (including unlimited access to the studio and it’s beautiful equipment!), teaching hours, observation hours and 1:1 meetings, you learn a large repertoire of Pilates exercises and how to instruct your students in an effective and safe manner. Having graduated from this program, I feel confident as a Pilates teacher, and utilize what I have learned into my practice as a Physiotherapist.
A little bonus: You may meet some life long friends in the process like I did.